PDA

View Full Version : computer not seeing Nvidia gtx 660 graphics card

kiwibits
12-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi all, after many hassells with a 560 card it got replaced with a 660 but my computer won't see it. Power cable is plugged in, card seats properly, fan spinning. When I first put it in the computer had the latest drivers installed. when it didn't work i tried uninstalling them (no difference) but can't reinstall as the installation program can't see the card. I'm running win7 pro and it's on a asus p8z68-v le mother board which has on board graphics which are working.
Any ideas? ta for any help

fred_fish
12-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Tried turning off the onboard graphics?

har
12-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Go to System Information, click Components, then click Display. Scroll down and see if you can find it there.

inphinity
12-06-2013, 08:33 PM
You plugged both 6-pin power connectors in securely? What type of power supply do you have? The card is in the dark blue PCI-e x16 slot? Does it even POST with the card? You may need to disable the switchable graphics features in the BIOS if it is struggling, it can sometimes cause problems.

kiwibits
12-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Hi all, if I ''disable the switchable graphics features in the BIOS'what happens if I cant see anything using either onboard or card graphics'when i reboot, how do i go bacK? The power supply is 600 watts so should be good, I've tried 3 different conectors for power and no difference (it only taks 1 6 pin not 2). I've done this sort of thing heaps before and it doesn't seem different than any other board.

inphinity
12-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Hi all, if I ''disable the switchable graphics features in the BIOS'what happens if I cant see anything using either onboard or card graphics'when i reboot, how do i go bacK? The power supply is 600 watts so should be good, I've tried 3 different conectors for power and no difference (it only taks 1 6 pin not 2). I've done this sort of thing heaps before and it doesn't seem different than any other board.

The BIOS should give you an option to simply set the PCIe card as the primary, instead of the iGPU, and may have a Multi-Display or Multi-Monitor option that you will probably want disabled. There should also be a CMOS/RTC reset jumper or switch if you do need to reset it all to defaults.

kiwibits
13-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi all, took it back top the computer shop this morning. He shook it, something fell out now it works. guess I thought have thought of that. Any more problems and I'm going straight for a new one.

Driftwood
13-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Sounds interesting.
Good luck.