PDA

View Full Version : Merging two audio interfaces into one?

Nikit07
10-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi,
Is it possible to merge two audio interfaces into one? So on skype the other person can hear audio from both lines.
I would like to merge the two mentioned in the attached picture:5042
Thanks!

Agent_24
10-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Stereo mix should already include microphone. just make sure you have microphone playback volume turned on, not just recording.

Terry Porritt
10-06-2013, 09:23 PM
There could be a possibility of unstable audio feedback.

Nikit07
10-06-2013, 09:26 PM
There could be a possibility of unstable audio feedback.

That's ok!

Nikit07
10-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Stereo mix should already include microphone. just make sure you have microphone playback volume turned on, not just recording.
What I want to do is so the person I'm calling can hear my voice and my computer system sounds. I can do one of them at a time but I want to have both at once. If that makes sense LOL

Agent_24
10-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Yes, which you can do if you use stereo mix AND have the mic playback or "monitor" enabled.

Windows has separate controls for recording inputs and the playback\monitor of those inputs. You can mute local playback of any input and still record it. Or you can disable recording and only monitor, or do both at once.

Once you set up your microphone playback level so you can hear yourself in your own speakers\headphones, simply setting your recording input to stereo mix or wave mix, should allow you to do what you want. You should have headphones though, else you may end up with acoustic feedback problems as Terry said.

Nikit07
11-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Agent 24, I'm pretty sure you don't entirely understand my question. What I want to do is that the person that I'm in a call with on skype can actually hear my windows sounds aswell as my voice. For example if I play a youtube video on my computer he can hear the audio aswell and If I talk at the same time he can hear that too. I know it's possible because a friend of mine did this but he dosn't know how he did it.

Agent_24
11-06-2013, 05:44 PM
I know what you want to do, as I have done it before. And I described how. Maybe I didn't explain it clearly enough...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm8zNeHtXeo May help.