PDA

View Full Version : Record online video

Aporosa
09-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi, there is a bit of online video (few minutes) of a family member. I would very much like to record it. I have tried several different Firefox apps but none seem to work.

Can someone recommend an app that will record multiple streaming types of video or a free simple to use screen (video) recorder program.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Zippity
09-06-2013, 01:02 PM
PM me

or advise the programme/channel/time etc :)

bevy121
09-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Was DownloadHelper one of the ones you tried?

That usually grabs most vids...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

Aporosa
09-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Hi bevy121. Tried that, doesn't work... wish it would though...

Rod J
09-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Did you try FlashGot? I can successfully record (save locally) most online videos using this. On a page with videos there is a special button on the right that lists the video formats available and their sizes. I usually just right click on the button and choose the format I want.

Aporosa
09-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Just tried FlashGot and won't work either...

wainuitech
09-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Try freedownloadmanager (http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/) If it will capture the video, you will get a box pop up over the video when you put your cursor over the playing video, click it and it offers what videos are playing ( some sites have several flash in the background)

Aporosa
09-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Hi wainuitech,

Just downloaded but no go. Heres my situation - a family member was on Boarder patrol the other night. If I had known I would have recorded it on my DVD recorder. So I go to TVNZ on demand and can watch episode but I want to record episode and then edit the bit with my cuz... I though it would be easily downloaded. I'm sure I had a Firefox app that did this in the past. I cant seem to get freedownloadmanager to work. Any suggestions please... I see I have one day left to view the item so want to grab it before it disappears. Cheers,

Aporosa
09-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Over the cause of today I have tried multiple apps, downloaders (one totally messed with my sound and I had to reset my computer and the other recorded only what was on the screen and not any sound saying it couldn't record off my sound card) and even the new Torch Web Browser which states it downloads streaming video from any site.

No go... I'm spewing I didn't set the DVD recorder... any help with a downloader appreciated PLEASE......

Aporosa
09-06-2013, 06:07 PM
A thought - my laptop has an HDMI port and my digital DVD recorder has an AVI in (but no HDMI). If I got a HDMI to AVI cable, could I record what is playing on my laptop (the TVonDemand program) on my DVD recorder or would I need an HDMI to AVI with converter box on it? Any thoughts if you have done this/tried this please....

Cheers.....

Nick G
09-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Can you link to the video you want downloaded please? I've got a few extensions I'll try out.

edit - the video you want to download isn't on https://www.youtube.com/user/TVNewZealand by any chance is it?

Aporosa
09-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Can you link to the video you want downloaded please? I've got a few extensions I'll try out.

edit - the video you want to download isn't on https://www.youtube.com/user/TVNewZealand by any chance is it?

Nick, thanks man!!! Ok, I am after Season 11A, Episode 10. I note on Youtube they have everything up to 11A, Episode 10... so I imagine if I wait a week or 2 I will be able to get it. I wasted an entire day trying all sorts of things that never worked only to finally realise this... derrrrr, hahaha. anyway, thanks, appreciated....

Zippity
09-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Aporosa.

Sorry Mate. Everything I tried didn't work :(

Was able to download video but no joy getting audio.

Sorry about that.

Aporosa
10-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Hi Zippity,

Bro, thanks heaps for trying, greatly appreciated.

I have found out that they put the programmes on Youtube about a month after airing so I will wait. Better than missing out completely.

Have a good one, cheers...

autechre
10-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Have you tried StreamTransport or TubeDigger?? ST is free and works on a lot of videos, but TD (not free) will grab a lot of those hard-to-get RTMP streams :D