PDA

View Full Version : IE6 Strikes again

02-12-2001, 05:04 PM
Here's a good honest sunday afternoon computing problem well here go's i installed ie6 off the pc world disc and it all seemed ok until i tryed to print a web page windows crashed and my computer came to a grinding halt i tryed to fix it and failed so i thought i will uninstall ie6 i done the normal thing add/remove clicked on ie6 and internet tools to be greeted with the message setupwbv.dll / ie6Maintenance missing so i thought i know i will reinstall ie6 thinking that it would replace any missing files WRONG it would not reinstall it just crashed windows again only one thing left to do i have win me so i tryed to do a system restore i went back 2 days and the process seemed to work untill i opened ie which looked like ie5.5 but was telling me it was ie6 the upshot is i can still not print from with in ie and i cannot uninstall ie thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me
chris

03-12-2001, 10:38 PM
Downloud IE6 direct from M/S side, as most CD's you get from comp. magazines are not 'working' to good. Files missing, not up to date etc.etc.