PDA

View Full Version : initialise modem

02-12-2001, 10:06 AM
Just bought a Dynalink V1456VQH-R3 pci modem.
I use Bitware as a communications package. When receive manager laods it says 'Could not initialise modem'.
The initialise command string is 'AT&FV1&C1&D2'
Am I looking in the right place and is this the correct command string?
Appreciate any feedback.

02-12-2001, 12:38 PM
The first thing to try would be removing the init string and making sure that you have the most upto date driver for the modem. Incorrect string information will mean that the modem will not initalise.
Modem driver version can be extacted by going to control panel, modems, diagnostics, more info and looking at the number next to the ATi3 statement.
The init string can be in the modem settings and the dialup connection settings and you should make sure both of the extra settings boxes under the advanced button in communications tab for modem config are blank.
If after you have done this and tested your connection and you are having problems getting and maintaining a connection then consider an init string.

02-12-2001, 01:45 PM
You've just bought a winmodem (if you can afford it, take it back and get an external serial one as they are worth it).

If you are using the win3.1 version of Bitware (v3 and earlier I think) you will need to get a special driver to use it.
The copy that came with my winmodem included one, so check any CDs that were included.