PDA

View Full Version : Dads PC BSOD with 0x0000005c error

ChazTheGeek
04-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Hi there,

I upgraded my Dads PC (Dell Inspiron 530S) with an SSD and a 1TB HDD as his old HDD broke down.
I installed Windows 7 as usual and everything was very fast and zippy. Did a lot of updates and such.
Then last night Windows 7 went into ultra slow motion (slow animations etc it wasn't like a jerky lag though) after a reboot. This wasn't the first reboot. It had rebooted normally many times.
The mouse stayed normal during the slow motion. The BIOS was also very slow. After Dad turned his PC off and left it like that during the night and he rebooted this morning and the slow motion was fixed as well as the BIOS slowness.
After another couple of updates the PC restarted and configured updates then shut down.
Then when the PC booted up again we got the BSOD: ***STOP 0x0000005c

The BIOS is very sluggish and so is the Dell loading screen.
Windows 7 boot takes ages and slow motion has returned.

Specs

Core 2 Duo 3.16GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
WD Caviar Blue 1TB 64mb cache
ADATA 128 GB SSD
Not sure what the MB is

Any Suggestions and help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

ChazTheGeek
04-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I think it may be a faulty USB hub. I removed it and everything is going normally. Hopefully it stays this way.

Speedy Gonzales
04-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Looks like an out of date BIOS may also cause it. I would check what version is on it now

ChazTheGeek
04-06-2013, 09:44 PM
It is fully up to date.

wainuitech
04-06-2013, 10:27 PM
When doing windows updates on a Dell,be careful you dont put in any hardware updates. Dell sometimes have has proprietary drivers, and the windows ones if installed can cause all sorts of problems.

ChazTheGeek
05-06-2013, 04:44 PM
That's why I hate OEM PC's...
The PC been working fine all day.