PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird - deleting accounts / identities

advena
03-06-2013, 08:08 PM
I use Thunderbird for my email because it allows me have several different 'identities' or email addresses and keeps the email for each one separate. However I now want to delete a couple of the addresses which I know longer use but can't for the life of me figure out how to do this.
This problem is just on a spare laptop running Windows XP. I tried to uninstall T'bird, thinking I would just reinstall it and make a clean start but no, all the old identities popped up in the new installation.
I'd appreciate any advice on just deleting individual accounts / identities please. There must be a way, surely. TIA.

Speedy Gonzales
03-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Like this? I dont know I dont use it (https://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/how_do_i_delete_an_email_account_in_thunderbird)

advena
03-06-2013, 08:38 PM
That seems to be exactly it Speedy, thanks so much. Actually I've done it before but the brain goes blank so much more easily these days.
Just out of interest what email program do you use?

Speedy Gonzales
03-06-2013, 08:42 PM
No probs :) I use Outlook. I tried TB once, but the 1st time I went to set up email, it thought it knew more than me lol. By adding what it thought were the ISP server settings. It was wrong. And it took me longer to configure it so it'd work