PDA

View Full Version : View Source doesn't work!

01-12-2001, 07:38 PM
I've just reinstalled everything, and I'm busy surfing the net (what's new!) and went to view source, and nothing happens... nothing at all... not from the context menu nor from the View menu in the menubar.

It doesn't matter what site I'm at, it just won't view source! What happened, and how do I get it back? :)

02-12-2001, 07:48 AM
Happens to me, too.

Stuffed if I know why. Something about cannot open the data in c:\win\temp int files\D23423432\blah blah.

I think it might be an association that is buggered.

I'll watch to see what people think.

Robo, the slightly useless.

02-12-2001, 12:26 PM
Well I don't even get a message... NOTHING happens :)

I have noticed though that whenever I try to View Source it generates a 'view-source:http://blah blah blah' in the Temporary Internet Files folder...

04-12-2001, 11:45 AM
Could it be something silly like a page which has been cached, then timed out, therefore not being there to be displayed as source.

That is, an advanced feature.

Does refreshing the page, then *immediately* selecting 'view source' work?

05-12-2001, 01:22 AM
Nope, that wasn't it... didn't even work with a local html file... just refused to view source :)

but I think I figured it out. For some reason I think it couldn't find the command for viewing source. I had moved my program files to Drive D (which I discovered was more trouble than it was worth) including IE, but that hadn't updated the registry... so I went through the registry, and changed every reference in there to C:\Program Files to D:\Program Files, and voila it fixed the problem.

Only thing is, it took me 1 1/2 hours to change all of them, and in the end having Program Files on another drive isn't really worth it, so I've now reformatted again (5th time since Saturday... oh what fun) and it seems to be all working normally again... we shall see.