PDA

View Full Version : Sound problem while playing high graphics games on ASUS K55VJ

iHarshmak
01-06-2013, 02:08 AM
hello,
I have just bought an ASUS K55VJ SX120D. I have windows 8 installed. When i play high graphics games like Call of Duty Black Ops and Metro : Last Light , there is no sound coming. I can play normal games with sound like Counter strike 1.6 , even new NFS Most Wanted 2012 worked fine with sound. I tried upgrading nVIDIA graphics drivers and sound drivers. There 's no solution. please help me.

Paul.Cov
01-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Try updating your version of DirectX. Odds are it's an issue with either sound or DX drivers.

Mobos come with a bewildering array of drivers, and often it's not obvious what is needed and what is not. Not all sounds are generated through the same set of drivers, or even the same hardware. I'm of the attitude to install every driver you can find on the supplied CD, or alternatively, let the system go onlne and have a look for drivers itself.

Check your speaker setup, make sure you're using the right sound port(s) for your speakers. Ensure other forms of audio haven't been muted.