PDA

View Full Version : Epson 480 ink prices?

01-12-2001, 12:54 AM
Both my cartridges are empty and I was looking for some useful advice as to wether I should refill myself for $9 (black) from Warehouse Stationery or buy generic, or originals.

I might as well learn from others experiences without having my own bad ones.

Ta much.

01-12-2001, 01:14 AM
Try contacting Callum at callumh@securabridge.co.nz or visit www.securabridge.co.nz for info on printer ink. he is able to get ink for fairly cheap, although I don't know how cheap.

01-12-2001, 02:31 AM
Thanks for that Mike.
I wonder who the contracter is?

01-12-2001, 05:22 AM
If your printer is still under warranty/guarantee use only the cartridges specified by Epsom. Using generic or refilling voids the warantee. Later you can try refilling, but its a messy job. Look around as well the price of a black cartrige can vary from $34 to $50 depending on the way the sales staff hold their mouths is what it often feels like :)

01-12-2001, 08:42 AM
If you are in Christchurch Epson Black for $20 and Colour for $30, these are not refills, gst included, whether the company supplies outside chch and how much for freight I am not sure, can give you the address if you interested.

01-12-2001, 10:25 AM
Hello Alan,

Your under a common misconception regarding refills & generic cartridges.

The use of these does not 'automatically' void your warranty, the only way they can void your warranty is if the fault you are wanting to get fixed is actually 'caused' by the refill or generic cartridge, this is usually spelt out if you read the warranty small print, although the manufacturers certainly like people to believe what you say is true.
Having said that, I don't think a printer under warranty is the place to start in experimenting with filling your own, as it is very easy to get ink leakage by overfilling etc,(would void your warranty)Generic cartridges are different and I have yet to hear of any one having problems with printer damage(proven to be) caused by one, although actual ink quality does vary between brand to brand, some is supplied from 'off spec' ink meaning quality will vary between cartridge to cartridge.
If you buy one that guarantees the quality to the original ink specification and also guarantees any damage to the printer caused by the ink will be covered you will have no problems, there are Two or Three brands of generics around that do meet those specifications and a lot that don't ( including most sold by the big chain stores)finally as you may have guessed I do supply Ink cartridges of all types including original equipment, generic and refills.
For the generic model Epson 480 I can courier these anywhere in the country for $25.00 = Black $30.00 = Colour with the above mentioned guarantees, anyone interested can contact me at >>
alan@computerscomponents.zzn.com
hope this clears things up for people.

Alan

30-01-2002, 03:20 PM
Try www.consumables.co.nz. Blk is $17.95 & colour $27.95 incl freight. Refills not recommended as are messy and can leak. Forget about the warranty issues - it rarely happens and at over $40 saving for each pair the print is paid for all over again before long.