PDA

View Full Version : Windows Defender in Windows 8

NZHawk
27-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Opinion: is Windows Defender in Windows 8 of any value - efficient or should it be replaced?

pcuser42
27-05-2013, 04:17 PM
God enough IMO.

dugimodo
27-05-2013, 04:19 PM
It's the same as MSE for windows 7, MS just decided to confuse everyone with the name. It's about as good as any of the free Anti-virus software and does help cut down on malware as well. I'd consider it adequate for most people although it's also what I consider the bare minimum.

I currently have kaspersky running on one machine and defender on the other, I prefer defender - it's less obtrusive and doesn't slow down some web pages like kaspersky does. Reviews tell me kaspersky is better, personal experience tells me otherwise. I'd rather have slightly less defense for the sake of an anti-virus you don't even notice is there. I'd just add a couple free anti-malware tools like MBAM and spybot and leave it at that myself, a lot of nod32 supporters around here though as far as paid solutions go.

wainuitech
27-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Reviews tell me kaspersky is better, personal experience tells me otherwise personal Experience usually wins - Reviews = Questionable at the best of times.

NZHawk
27-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Thank you! :)