PDA

View Full Version : Links in emails not working

IanS
27-05-2013, 12:38 PM
I have been having a problem for the last 10 days with the links in emails not working when I click on them. If the link is a web site it works when I manually enter it into the address bar of Firefox. If the link is "Click here for..." nothing happens. Perhaps something should be ticked or unticked? Or could it be an ISP fault? Can anyone help?
Windows XP; Firefox; Outlook Express 6.

kingdragonfly
27-05-2013, 01:32 PM
I suspect that your default browser is set incorrectly.

You can only have one default browser, so make sure Internet Explorer is set to *not* be the default browser.

=====================

For Firefox:

Tools ... Options ... Advanced ...

"Always check that Firefox is the default browser"

=====================

Internet Explorer

Tools ... Internet options ... Programs

unselect "Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default browser"

wainuitech
27-05-2013, 01:46 PM
OTHER way around -- If Outlook Express cant open links from within emails you'll find the majority of the time its because IE is not the default browser. If you make IE the default Browser, 99% of the time it fixes the problem.

IanS
27-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks for replies. The problem has been solved by going to : Firefox home page/Tools/Options/Advanced/General/Making Firefox the default browser. I do not know what caused this problem, it has only occured during the last 7 to 10 days when we have had lightning and several power outages when the computer has been switched on. Maybe the power outages ??

wainuitech
27-05-2013, 04:21 PM
when we have had lightning and several power outages when the computer has been switched on. Maybe the power outages ?? Could have been file corruptions, sometimes happens if you dont have a UPS.