PDA

View Full Version : how to creat a ghost image? (ghost 2002)

30-11-2001, 03:23 PM
How can I create a image from C drive to D drive by using ghost 2002?( i have finished creating a ghost boot disk on floppy and what is the next step)

can anyone guide me through please?
:=(

30-11-2001, 07:30 PM
Suggest you read the manual which gives the step instructions [manua on disk]

30-11-2001, 10:02 PM
after creating the 'boot' disk (it is not really a boot disk) reboot with you windows rescue boot disk. at the 'A' prompt THEN change to the ghost 'boot' disk. Now if 2002 is same as 2001, you need to enter the ghost directory enter ' cd ghost ' then execute ghostpe.exe by just entering ' ghostpe ' this will set off the ghost program and bring up it's GUI. even then it's tricky to the uninitiated.
i will have 2002 in day or two...stay in touch. go partition to image file. it is slow but restore is fast.

30-11-2001, 10:23 PM
Wow!!

Unless Symantec developed advanced brain-fade between Ghosts 2001 and 2002, that process is way too complicated John.

The Ghost CD will set up a genuine boot disk that will load ghost complete with mouse drivers etc. There is no need to change disks halfway through the process.

Please please read the manual before you get in too deep chinadoll, it is not so hard to understand. Like most manuals, a good read plus 10 minutes with highlighter pen and some bookmarks (for the printed version) or 'print selection' to get hard copy from the CD will see you ghosting with confidence.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

30-11-2001, 11:44 PM
most of the manuals appear to be quite technical.i am not very good at understanding them as a new comer i think i need help, if you can help it would be much appreciated.