PDA

View Full Version : Info for prospective Xnet Fusion (VOIP) bundle users

braindead
25-05-2013, 06:25 PM
It pays to shop around if you need to buy a separate Voice Over IP Adapter for your existing router/modem. For example, Xnet sell their SPA112 adapter for around $135. You can buy the same adapter from eLive for $80 inc gst and with free freight. An eye-watering difference.

True to Telecom's style of marketing, Xnet announce their Fusion plans in a straightforward way but what they don't tell you in their sales spiel is that you'll be billed the full monthly amount of the bundle plan you choose, even if you do not use all of your broadband allowance for that plan. I had to dig for that information on the phone to Xnet. There was dead silence from the Xnet rep when I pointed out that this info should be plainly visible on their website and in their sales literature.

gary67
25-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Speaking of which I have an unused Xnet voip router that you just plug an ordinary phone into if anyone wants it PM me and see if we can sort something out

Chilling_Silence
25-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Yeah they had their plans cost the same as their "per-GB" stuff, so it was pointless having any plans at all... Similar to HD.

The SPA112 is a *nice* ATA adapter though :)