PDA

View Full Version : NOD32 Antivirus

smurf
22-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I have just purchased a 3 year license for NOD32 having trialled it for the past 3 weeks. My question is related to the set up: During the trial period, I simply left the setup alone by using the defaults that came with the programme. Should I do any tweaking to these or would I be best to leave well alone. Guidance would be appreciated in order to maximise the protection to be gained. Thanks in advance.

wainuitech
22-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Set it to its full, no point in having it half working -- Have a read of Post #6 Here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?131676-Nod32-Installation&highlight=Nod32)

smurf
22-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks Wainui...I will have a read to do what you suggest. Many thanks :)

smurf
22-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Once again thanks Wainui.....brilliant help having read your tutorial and completed what you have suggested. I will no doubt ask other questions as I plough through the Help files and try to work things out. Sometimes the way the help files are written are hard to comprehend for an oldie going on 70 :)

wainuitech
22-05-2013, 04:04 PM
LOL -- don't have to be older to get confused sometimes -- often I go WTF :confused:

I'm no spring chicken either -- My 18 year old son runs rings around me on some things :blush: Looks at me as if to say :groan:

smurf
22-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Hahahaha... oh I know the feeling and as for instructions written by programme developers...it seems to me as though they a think everybody has the same knowledge base as they have....either that or they (the "Help" writers) have English as a second language :)

paulw
22-05-2013, 09:34 PM
LOL -- don't have to be older to get confused sometimes -- often I go WTF :confused:

I'm no spring chicken either -- My 18 year old son runs rings around me on some things :blush: Looks at me as if to say :groan:

I saw you in the May PC World and it looks like you've got it upstairs..

wainuitech
22-05-2013, 11:28 PM
I saw you in the May PC World and it looks like you've got it upstairs..

Thanks :blush: , that article, Zara asked for a Picture to go with the answers to the list of questions she sent through - I don't photograph well when have to pose for it (that was after one of those days around 5 pm). The better ones are when I don't know they are being taken, but any of those I have couldn't be used in the Mag ;) -- Acting stupid at a family BBQ wouldn't look good.

As for my son, smart bugger :nerd: (don't know where he got that from - wasn't me anyway) He loves anything excel, accounting or programming, if theres ever a excel problem I cant sort, I call him.

The other month I was after a solution to a customers problem, spent a good couple of hours trying to find a workable solution - he comes home from his studies, :help: asked what the problem was--- looks at me in disgust, says move over - without even hesitating, types out a formula that went 3/4 way across the page -- there you go !!!

This reply ( antivirus settings) I try to give clear instructions sometimes with pictures -- makes life so much easier. :)

gary67
23-05-2013, 08:41 AM
You make good videos too I still have the one you did for Active@ for me

Pato
23-05-2013, 01:00 PM
You make good videos too I still have the one you did for Active@ for meMe too. Appreciated your help with Active@

TechnoNinja
16-06-2013, 05:57 PM
i used to use nod32 but it just wasnt good enough anymore. So i am surprised that there are still people using it.

Richard
16-06-2013, 06:40 PM
What????? Do you work for Norton?