PDA

View Full Version : Word2002 deleting blocks of text

29-11-2001, 11:55 AM
After highlighting a word or block of text for deletion in the OfficeXP Professional version of Word, pressing the delete button does not delete the text. Instead you get a message in the bottom right hand corner of the screen asking again to 'Delete block: No (Yes)' and having to push the Y-button to actually delete the block. I find this most annoying and would like to find a way to disable this feature.

29-11-2001, 03:47 PM
I thought this was an option they took out a couple of years ago... obviously they've put it back in (I'm sure to many people's annoyance...)

I haven't got Word XP in front of me, but try looking in the Tools menu, Options, and then selecting each of the tabs for an option 'Confirm Delete' or similar (probably in the Edit tab)

I hope this works for you

29-11-2001, 05:41 PM
Thanks Mike, I had a real good look at the Options after your message but no unfortunately had no luck.

29-11-2001, 05:41 PM
Thanks Mike, I had a real good look at the Options after your message but no unfortunately had no luck.

hedgehog
13-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Go to Tools | Options
Select the General Tab
Uncheck the "Help for WordPerfect Users"

Uncheck the "Navigation Keys for WordPerfect Users"

The behavior you are talking about is to support defualt WordPerfect behavior.

post copied from http://itmanager.blogs.com/notes/2004/03/word_2003_annoy.html

Laura
13-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Welcome to PressF1, hedgehog.

It was good of you to make your first post an answer, rather than a question, but possibly you didn't notice it was an old thread from 2001?

It's a trap new members often fall into - especially if they find the forum via a Google search.