PDA

View Full Version : ICQ security question

chumscrubber
17-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Hello everybody, Its been a long time I haven't been here but really don't know why :D
Anyway, I have a question about icq messenger:
If you have been using chat messengers for a long time you definitely should remember icq messenger, it was really popular among tech savvy dudes, mostly for security reasons. So I was wondering if anyone of you is still using it and if the security is as good as some years ago. I was looking articles about this issue but couldn't find any recent one.
Hope you guys can help me out :)

Chilling_Silence
18-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Nobody uses it these days...

It's almost all Facebook Messenger, Skype (ex MSN Messenger) or Google Hangouts (ex Google Talk)

What makes you ask?

Iantech
18-05-2013, 02:04 AM
Havent used it for about 15 yrs I guess. Used to live on it once just about.

chumscrubber
18-05-2013, 02:04 AM
Thanks for reply,
Well I use yahoo messenger to chat with couple people and I'm really concerned about security and second reason is that i just don't like it. So I remember 2000-2005 people used icq a lot and everybody were saying that it was really secure and stuff. I have no problem to make my yahoo friends use it if it has as good security as it used to. also it can be used on android and even symbian phones

Chilling_Silence
18-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Try Google Hangouts, used to be Google Talk. It's based off XMPP :)

chumscrubber
18-05-2013, 02:39 AM
Ok, thanks :)

Greg
18-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Havent used it for about 15 yrs I guess. Used to live on it once just about.Used to love it too for a while. PowWow was great too.