PDA

View Full Version : Sharing calendars on Outlook 2010

ironman
16-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi there,

I have outlook 2010 installed on 2 laptops.

They both have email accounts @mydomainname. Both email accounts are through exchange.

I'm trying to share my calendar so that the other user can see where the gaps are when booking meetings.

Everytime I try to share I get the message "error while preparing to send sharing message".

If I look on the 2nd laptop, I can see the other calendar but there is "no connection" and therefore I can't see the appointments.

I've tried Googling this and can't find?understand any of the solutions. (I'm not majorly techo).

Anybody know of a solution please?

I'm going nuts here and I've got a new person starting tomorrow.

Thanks and best regards

CYaBro
16-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Are you using outlook 2007 and exchange 2013?

If so you can't share your calendar from within outlook.
Log into the outlook web app and share from there or get a machine with outlook 2010 and temporarily setup your exchange account, share your calendar then remove the exchange account again.

Edit: just saw you are using outlook 2010!
Try sharing the calendar from the outlook web app.

Alex B
16-05-2013, 10:55 PM
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/isd/staff/mail/live/outlook/2010/folders/sharing Try that, but instead of inbox just grant permissions to their calendar.

ironman
17-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Thank you so much for your help.

Almost perfect solution. Was hoping they would just see that I was "busy" or not but this is still a very good solution.

Thanks you again so much.

Have a great weekend.

Alex B
17-05-2013, 09:58 PM
In active directory if you set someone as your manager/you as theirs you can see your teams free/busy info, but that's all it shows.