PDA

View Full Version : email to vodafone address failed

bk T
16-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm trying to send an email to: xxxx@vodafone.co.nz from my xtra email account but failed; tried from my hotmail with same results.
I could receive email from this friend of mine (using vodafone) without any problem and was told that she has been receiving emails OK except from me.

I've no problem in sending out emails from my PC. I've tried sending from my xtra email to my hotmail and gmail without any issues.

I would therefore conclude that problem is not at my side.

What could be the cause?

Speedy Gonzales
16-05-2013, 02:03 PM
What does the error say when you're trying to send from an email program?

bk T
16-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Below shows the details:

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<k.xxxx@vodafone.co.nz>:
Remote host said: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. [RCPT_TO]"

Speedy Gonzales
16-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I would ring the person you're trying to send the email to, to see if their email addy is blocked / or blacklisted for some reason. Or check with the person to see if their email addy hasn't changed.

Or check and make sure you've got the right email address for whoever

kingdragonfly
16-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Vodafone likely culprit, but problem could be at Xtra also: Xtra DNS MX record is messed up.

wainuitech
16-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Have you made any changes to your own email Eg< signature for example, can be either black listed, or the auto spam filters are picking up something in your mail and rejecting it.

One of my suppliers who I've dealt with for over 10 years all of a sudden its saying some of their mail is spam, only happened since Telstra got in bed with Vodafone.

bk T
16-05-2013, 03:25 PM
No changes to my email details.

As mentioned earlier, I've used my hotmail and gmail to send but produced same results.

Anyway, I've phoned her (my friend) to check with vodafone. I understand that she has just reinstalled WinXP to her PC and probably she didn't set up her Outlook correctly. But she told me that she has been receiving a few emails this morning without any problem, only couldn't receive mine.

Speedy Gonzales
16-05-2013, 03:30 PM
That shouldnt affect it. Even if she hasnt set it up, she should still get it. If you've got the right email addy

bk T
16-05-2013, 03:45 PM
She sent an email to me and I just reply to the email she sent me; the addy should be correct.

fred_fish
16-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Not necessarily.
If she typed it wrong into her client you will be replying to the wrong address.
The error says it is an incorrect To address.
Barring a lookup error on the server, my pick would be the above.

bk T
16-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Not necessarily.
If she typed it wrong into her client you will be replying to the wrong address.
The error says it is an incorrect To address.
Barring a lookup error on the server, my pick would be the above.

You're spot-on. She indeed typed it wrong! It's all OK now.

I thank you all.