PDA

View Full Version : desktop

27-11-2001, 07:48 PM
How do I ceate a band of software applcations icons in small squares on the desktop, eithr on the right or left top corner of the screen, from the normal icons on the desktop.

Mukesh

27-11-2001, 08:30 PM
By following the instructions.

These are on the HELP menu.

27-11-2001, 08:30 PM
I know that there's an option to create a 'taskbar' type of thing with Office if you have that - it can even autohide.

You can probably also add your desktop items to the usual windows taskbar (or create a new one - right click on the taskbar and choose Toolbars, New Toolbar) and drag it to where you want it (top, left, right, etc).

Failing that, I would say that there would be plenty of programs on the web that will do what you want. Do a search in google for taskbar or toolbar.

27-11-2001, 10:37 PM
Easiest way I find is to drag the desktop icon from the desktop into the same bar as IE and Outlook are in. If you have not already got a icon for a favourite program on the desk, just go,Start>Programs>place your mouse over the link, right click, slect Send To>desktop as shortcut and then drag as described above. Hope that helps.

28-11-2001, 09:46 PM
Thanks TC for your help

Cheers
Mukesh

28-11-2001, 09:49 PM
Thank you Susan. It was very clean, immnesely practical and hence really helpful.

Cheers
Mukesh

28-11-2001, 09:52 PM
Thanks Gordon. It was very simple and in the most practical way to do. Great!

Cheers
Mukesh