PDA

View Full Version : More Xtra/yahoo email woes

sroby
12-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Just FYI, xtra email seems to be going through another round of email woes.

Had 2 instances in the last 2 days, a customer & a friend. Both locked out due to forced password reset, the customer has other email issues as well.
The customers issue was he : his email pass wasnt only accepted intermitently. In outlook his pass would be accepted sometimes & then may go 1/2 a day with the saved pass failing then for no reason that same password working. He did have the telecom foreced password reset I had to do for him, but that didnt solve the problem.
The best that the helpdesk could do was to blame his PC, despite his ipad doing the same thing (email pass only accepted intermittently). The helpdesk didnt even know to tell him he also needed to reset his password (forced password change)

Had a friend come around yesterday, he hasnt been able to get his email for a few days now, and couldnt get through to the helpdesk yesterday due to overloading. I had to go through the email forced password change for him.

And still telecom are sticking with Yahoo. This ongoing issue will cost them customers, plenty of cheaper ISP's out there, & if your xtra email adress doesnt allways work, theres really little reason to stay with Telecom.
Many xtra users arnt that PC savvy,so will just be frustrated by the whole issue. I had to do the password reset for my friend, he didnt have a clue about checking with webmail or how to do the password reset online.

bk T
12-05-2013, 03:19 PM
It's so far so good here.

b....
12-05-2013, 06:50 PM
We haven't had any problems with Xtra email either.