PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba --> HP LaserJet Fault

27-11-2001, 06:31 PM
I have a new Toshiba T1800 Laptop and a new HP LaserJet 1200 printer running under Windows ME. Sometimes when I print to the LaserJet, it prints right away. At other times, the print jobs queue and do not print. I can see them in the print queue, can delete all bu the first item.

If I restart Windows, I am prompted to print the documents. They then print fine!

* The printer is not set to 'pause', and the documents are not paused.
* I am using the latest HP driver for the printer.

Any help much appreciated.

27-11-2001, 06:58 PM
I'd guess that the printer is turned off and/or unplugged when the computer is started. Try making sure that it is ready to go before you start upthe computer.

27-11-2001, 08:36 PM
Further: you can't delete the first job from the queue because it is not in the queue; it is 'printing'.

You might be able to get it going by pausing that first job, then restarting it.

It's just that the printer has said once that it is busy or not ready, and can't now tell the computer that it is ready except as an answer to something from the computer, and the computer is not sending anything because it *knows* that the printer is busy or not ready.

Deadlock. Used to be part of computer science classes.

28-11-2001, 10:42 AM
Graham

Thanks for reply. Printer is turned on when connected to computer. May be in 'standby' mode.

Any other suggestions please?