PDA

View Full Version : TURNING ON COMPUTER

27-11-2001, 05:26 PM
I turn on the computer but nothing comes through the monitor. I turn off the computer-wait for a while-then turn computer on.The second time monitor comes on. The problem I have is that I need to turn on computer twice. I thought the monitor may be the proble,however I borrowed another monitor and the same situation occurred. Instead of plugging pwer suply from computer I went direct to the wall. These seem to indicate problem is computer not monitor. Can someone please assist me???

27-11-2001, 06:49 PM
Pat,

It sounds like the video card. You could try ensuring the card is seated properly. Better still, you could try another card, if you can borrow one. This won't be so easy if it is on-board (you could disable it and install another one).

The key is to find where the problem is. You're doing the right thing by eliminating the monitor.

Don't be surprised if the problem is not what you expect. I used to have to heat my power supply with a hair dryer before powering on my first computer - until I finally replaced the power switch.

Good luck, Robo.

28-11-2001, 08:25 AM
What type of computer do you have? The monitor may need to be turned on BEFORE the computer is started. Of course if this has only started happening then that's not your problem.