PDA

View Full Version : Inkjet refills for Epsom Colour 680

27-11-2001, 04:59 PM
We have just been reading your correspondence re inkjet refills. We live way out in the wilds and have run out of ink for my new Epsom colour 680. I have a caladad solo inkjet refiller but does not say on the front if it will fill the 680 model. Can I use the refill or am I asking for trouble. As I say we are miles away from a town and I need to do some urgent printing. Hope you can help Regards Jim

27-11-2001, 05:31 PM
this may not help you short term, but this link http://www.consumablecity.com/index.shtml sells Epsom compatable cartridges (better than refilling), and will deliver (not sure about Helicopter drops though if you're way out in the wild). Cost is sometimes less than half of an original. I have used several & never had a problem.

27-11-2001, 05:40 PM
Jim, re my previous posting, the following text was taken from the above site re the 680 model. Sounds like you may not be able to refill successfully.
'For use with Epson Stylus Colour 680 printers. Pack contains 1x black T017201 compatible, 1x colour T018201 compatible, and 1x chip reprogramming computer.
The original Epson cartridges contain a chip to stop refilling, however, this kit re-programs this chip to allow it to be removed and placed on a brand new JetTec compatible cartridge (not refilled). Once this pack is purchased, you can re-use the computer and chips again and again, and only buy compatible cartridges. JetTec brand. Made in UK'. Check the site out anyway.
cheers

27-11-2001, 05:49 PM
Hello Jim,

I can supply generic Epson cartridges for all 'smart technology cartridges' at prices around 60 to 70 % the cost of the original, while not the cheapest around these are genuine new cartridges and guaranteed to be as good as the original.
I would not recommend any kits that involve hacking around with the chips etc to try and make them work.
If interested you can contact me at >>
alan@computerscompnents.zzn.com
delivery is usually next day.

Alan

27-11-2001, 06:19 PM
Jim, re my previous posting, the following text was taken from the above site re the 680 model. Sounds like you may not be able to refill successfully.
'For use with Epson Stylus Colour 680 printers. Pack contains 1x black T017201 compatible, 1x colour T018201 compatible, and 1x chip reprogramming computer.
The original Epson cartridges contain a chip to stop refilling, however, this kit re-programs this chip to allow it to be removed and placed on a brand new JetTec compatible cartridge (not refilled). Once this pack is purchased, you can re-use the computer and chips again and again, and only buy compatible cartridges. JetTec brand. Made in UK'. Check the site out anyway.
cheers

27-11-2001, 08:57 PM
Calidad have also just released a clone brand cartridge which acts as a replacement for the T017 and T018 cartridges.

28-11-2001, 12:05 AM
Oops !!

Should be alan@computerscomponents.zzn.com

Alan