PDA

View Full Version : ie 6 problems

27-11-2001, 12:58 PM
Ever since i installed ie6 nothing but problems most of all is shutting down computer.
After i have been on the net and go to shut down computer As i shut down, (windows goes to windows is shuting down) and just hangs there and goes no further. So i have to reset and then shuts down fine and if i do a ctrl,alt,del and shut from there it's fine too.I would also like to uninstall ie6, but how, tried all the ways possible i can think of but no go. I hope someone can help... thanks Bill

27-11-2001, 01:31 PM
If you go into your Control Panel / Add Remove Programs, scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, and click the Add/Remove button, you *should* be given three options - add a component, repair Internet Explorer or restore previous Windows configuration.

Restoring your previous configuration should take you back to the IE version you were running previously. The first thing I usually attempt with IE problems is to repair the installation, to repair any damaged components.

27-11-2001, 06:27 PM
thanks Trace but tried that but only 2 options there does not give the 3rd option ,that is uninstall, have tried the rest.