PDA

View Full Version : Good free malware Rrmover

ChazTheGeek
05-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Any Suggestions?
I've got Spybot Search and Destroy and Malwarebytes. Having more than one adds extra security. :thumbs:
Thanks again.

Speedy Gonzales
05-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Depends what the malware is. If its a rootkit get tdsskiller it gets updated often. So you have to go to the site, or it'll take you there if its out of date. There's rkill, and combofix but you have to know what you're doing with combofix.

Just dont run all of them at the same time. Both of those arent AV / anti-virus programs. So, may pay for you to get one. Depending on if you want to pay for it or not

blanco
05-05-2013, 08:58 PM
As Speedy indicated, you need to have live protection installed and always running.
Scanners are for detecting anything which gets through the protection.
Here are some freebies I keep for this purpose:
Comodo Cleaning Essentials, Kapersky Malware Scanner, Nod 32 Portable, RKill,
TDSS Killer, Spybot Search and Destroy, Emisoft Security Scanner, Super Antispyware.
Also Trojan Remover (not free)

blanco
05-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I should also mention Microsoft Malicious Software Remover KB890830
which is updated and included in Win updates monthly. I d/l this seperately
from MS Download site and store it for a month, then renew it.
The jpg shows my Malware shortcut folder,

ChazTheGeek
06-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks will have a look later.
Combofix really is confusing. Have used it in the past and don't want to again.

PPp
06-05-2013, 08:58 PM
I have had good results with Super Antispyware which picked up nasties that Spybot Search and Destroy and Malwarebytes didn't. Trying out Spybot2 which can work with MSSE looks pretty comprehensive.

wainuitech
06-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Been using Spybot2 for a short while now, its better than the original.

It also has active protection that can be integrated into IE. Been doing a bit of testing, and it works good ;)

Mind you, I did a scan on a PC today, it had MSSE originally saying it was clean, Spybot2 found a few more, then Ran Nod32 -- Found a further 63 that the others all missed, including Malwarebytes and Super antispyware.