PDA

View Full Version : Real Player chewing resources

26-11-2001, 11:46 PM
Help,I'm having problems with real player swallowing all my ram. I go into chat quite a bit and they have a local stream which only runs off real player. After about 5 minutes of listening my system basically crashes when it runs out of resources. I start off with about 75 to 80% free and once I close real player all returns. I am running windows ME on a 1.4mhz processor and have 512mb of ram with a 40gb HD so I know that I have plenty to spare and its only with real player that this happens. I have gone through the options and the player is only buffering to the first 30 seconds.. does anyone have any ideas to help me??... I have reinstalled the player 3 times and have even installed later and earlier versions all with the same results. I do need this cause I also do some of the stream in there.
your help is appreciated

27-11-2001, 02:48 AM
System resources are not related to your ram, they are a leftover for windows 3.1 compatability.

Try a search on google if you want to know more about them.

You could consider getting windows NT/2000/XP which aren't affected.

29-11-2001, 04:26 AM
What version are you using I have version 8 the full install if you need it I also disable all of the options and uninstall the music player side of it as i prefer winamp
kiwibeat@hotmail.com

29-11-2001, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I have tried a full install of version 7 and 8 but to no avail,I also turn off all options as I only use real player for listening to the stream while in chat as I have music match for my player. I am wondering if the problem is caused by my norton utilities playing with my javascripting as there is a constantly updating clock onscreen where the stream is downloaded from and it has been suggested that this could send nortons into a bit of a spin?? at the moment it may be only a reformat can sort things out but I'm trying to avoid that at the moment. Please keep the haelp coming. Thanks