PDA

View Full Version : IE 6 setup

26-11-2001, 10:20 PM
I have operated IE 5.57 have recently downloaded IE 6 as a M/S update to a 'download file Folder' & then installed.
M/S said that the files were downloaded & installed satisfactorally but a message comes upsaying 'Set up was unable to install all the components.Please close all applications & try running set up again'.I have deleted the IE6 from my machine & reinstalled but same message re-appears. Help menu says'It appears you have the correct set up files but the installation failed.The following Windows components were not installed
ADVANCED AUTHORING'
Ihave tried using the IE6 program, on the Internet Magazine CD, with the same result.
My O/S is windows ME on a 700 Duron PC
1. How important is this file as it seems most things are working OK ?
2.Can this be installed seperately?

26-11-2001, 11:45 PM
I don't recall seeing 'Advanced Authoring' as part of IE6, but you could try this.

Try being connected to the internet while IE6 is installing... I didn't need to the first time I installed it, but the second time it wouldn't install without being connected - even though it didn't download anything (there was a bit of communication, but nothing actually downloaded).

27-11-2001, 01:25 AM
...from memory, the message you are receiving ['Set up was unable to install all the components.Please close all applications & try running set up again'] occurs when installing Internet Explorer from a download folder - the mthod you have used.

Check the following site, you might find everything is in order and you can simply click OKAY on the warning box and then disregard.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!!

e_

http://windows.about.com/library/bl_iedownload_a.htm

27-11-2001, 11:26 PM
Thank you for your response. I will try this & hope it solves my problem.

27-11-2001, 11:30 PM
Thank you for your response. I will try what you suggest & hope that solves my problem.