PDA

View Full Version : hardware trade in....

26-11-2001, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can trade in hardware as part of an upgrade. I'm looking for a lcd screen but I'll have to trade in my current 17 inch monitor first.

26-11-2001, 08:21 PM
Hmmm, don't know about that. Maybe try to sell it instead?

Can't see Dick Smiths or Noel Leemings wanting a used 17' monitor.

Robo.

26-11-2001, 08:26 PM
Hi,

I'd advise trying to sell it on www.trademe.co.nz, then putting the money towards a new LCD...

26-11-2001, 08:49 PM
Um... Well having bought and sold and repaired umpteen monitors, I wouldnt recommend selling through TradeMe.
Firstly as a seller the freight and insurance for a bulky monitor would be steep.
Secondly no right thinking person should buy a monitor unseen. You wouldnt believe the number of people who claim a good screen when its quite out of focus, distorted etc. (Im not saying that yours is bad, but thats what happens)
You would be much better off selling through Trade and Exchange, there are always people wanting to replace blown monitors.
The downside is people coming to your property.

26-11-2001, 09:46 PM
What brand is it, how old, and how much?

26-11-2001, 10:38 PM
why would you want an LCD?

27-11-2001, 07:44 AM
Some of the PC retailers might take a trade, PCU for example might, you might have better luck in locating those people that make to order generic computers rather than the high street stores.
If you are in Christchurch I know of one though whether you would be able to get a lcd via that company not sure.

27-11-2001, 01:20 PM
You have to remember that a shop which buys your monitor has to pay you a low enough amount that they can make a profit when they resell it.

You will get more by selling it privately. You won't get 'what it's worth to you' either way, but the difference will be large. (Shops have to cover their costs ... ).

27-11-2001, 05:17 PM
Cash Converters are always after good quality components, and a lower price always is compensation for the Joe Blows who will come to your house