PDA

View Full Version : Norton System Docter

25-11-2001, 09:31 PM
Sometimes my computer crashes, leaving me with a blank screen, and whatever i had open, since i have Norton System Docter running in the background all the time, it is one of the things open. I used to just click something on Norton System Docter and then click shutdown windows, or restart windows. i clicked on the to turn off, or restart my computer, since i cant access the start bar or anything else in any way. But it hadnt crashed in a long time, and now i cant find those shutdown and restart windows options on Norton System Docter any more. Can anyone help me????

26-11-2001, 08:24 PM
Don`t leave System Doctor on auto - it`s bad news. Put all Nortons applications except Auto Protect on manual and activate when needed- that way you will have no problems.

26-11-2001, 10:51 PM
He's right, leave your norton system doctor off. Its seems to be a good idea in theory but..... I found it uses a lot of memory and doesnt do too mush to help. You said you had a lot of crashes and you couldnt acess the start menu to shut down, It sounds like you might have to reinstall you OS if you have too many probs. You can get to your start menu with key shortcuts on you keyboard....what system are you running?? and have you hidden your taskbar at the bottom of the screen by accident?? try moving your cursor to the bottom of the screen and look for the double arrow...if it appears then click and drag.

27-11-2001, 08:42 PM
As I said i can only acess what was open, because the whole dektop was gone. Completely blank. I fixed it easy, but i still cant find where to shut down windows using Norton System Docter.