PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live Mail error (my fault :-( )

curly
03-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Windows Live Mail does not work because when I set it up I entered the mail address as "pop.xtra.co.nz" ,of course
it should have been "pop3.xtra.co.nz" . That figure three makes all the difference.

Anyway... I have tried and tried to remove the pop.xtra.co.nz and replace it with, pop3.xtra.co.nz but nothing changes.

How do I remove the faulty URL, so I can enter the correct one ?

beetle
03-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I dont have pop3 on mine and they work...........i have pop.gmail.com no number 3 at all...... does it come up with a error when it tries to send /receive?

edit :

i just reread what you post...and realised i miss read what you said......... how i have done this in the past is deleted that specific email and re done the whole thing. its an option......

pcuser42
03-05-2013, 12:11 PM
I dont have pop3 on mine and they work...........i have pop.gmail.com no number 3 at all...... does it come up with a error when it tries to send /receive?

Different mail providers use different servers ;)

Haven't got access to Windows Live Mail, but if you can get into Account settings, you should be able to edit the servers rather than delete and replace.

beetle
03-05-2013, 12:15 PM
I use WLM and have had lots of issues mostly user related, still dont particularly like it, but its working, and found that it was easier to scrap the faulty email addy and begin a new one and make sure it was all fine before setting it up the next time...... i learnt from my mistakes and was greatful for people who gave me help and their patience on pf1
and it now works........:)

beetle
03-05-2013, 12:25 PM
go into accounts, properties and change email addy or servers.

i deleted mine because i had IMAP / POP problems this seems an easier fix. :)
hth

wainuitech
03-05-2013, 12:30 PM
go into accounts, properties and change email addy or servers.

i deleted mine because i had IMAP / POP problems this seems an easier fix. :)
hth And who said we couldn't make a geek out of ya :p LOL

That's spot on :thumbs:

beetle
03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
maybe............ but some things like peach are best left to the real geeks....:D