View Full Version : screen display out of shape

25-11-2001, 09:26 PM
I used to have a flat screen display, I now have a convex appearance, that is, it bulges out with curved edges. I wish to straighten it out but I can't find where to go to do this. Any advice appreciated. This happened after I started the computer which decided to start up in safe mode. Running windows 98se.

25-11-2001, 09:48 PM
This sounds like 'pincushioning' and should be able to be fixed by directly adjusting the controls on your screen. Failing that you should be able to find an adjustment dialogue box in your video card settings.

26-11-2001, 08:51 AM
I've had a play with the screen controls, ie increased and decreased the pincushioning without success. Any more advice? please.

26-11-2001, 05:25 PM
If the adjustments on the monitor won't fix it, it's a hardware fault.

Just out of guarantee, right?

27-11-2001, 08:42 AM
Actually, NO! it's not. Lucky me. Thanks.