PDA

View Full Version : Extracting Email addresses

24-11-2001, 04:59 PM
A friend of mine who travels overseas alot has asked me whether or not there is a way where one can extract the email addresses that are stored in his 'Compuserve for Windows' address book and save them as a CSV (comma separated values) file or whatever. We would then want to import these into Outlook Express or something similar.
My friend has version 4.0.2 of the Compuserve for Windows software and I have had a good look at this package and cannot find a way to export these email addresses. He has something like 160 email addresses stored in his Compuserve address book.
...Help!

24-11-2001, 05:23 PM
Would like to think you could, has he looked for export under the file menu?
I don't have the software to check, might not be many here that do.
Is it worth him trying the compuserve helpdesk?
Robo.

24-11-2001, 05:34 PM
Though a rather labour intensive way of doing it would be also to copy and paste or copy them manually into a doc, email form etc as a backup and copy them back in if no export function is available. Plus, even if you could save the address book, it would be a bummer if afterwards Outlook spat the dummy and refused to import them. As Robo said though, try the help desk though it might not hurt to have a hard copy of same just in case.