PDA

View Full Version : Flight Sim Control Column

23-11-2001, 09:33 PM
I am keen to try out my new MS Flight Sim but I don't want to colour the experience by trying to fly with a simple joystick and no rudder pedals.

Does anybody know sites where I can buy a control column and rudder pedals, preferably as two units so that I can choose to use a joystick when flying older planes like spitfires etc

Thanx

Michael

23-11-2001, 10:16 PM
Michael,

I had a Microsoft joystick from a while back (came with Fury 3, about 95/96) that you could twist the stick to emulate rudder controls. Way cheaper than the full yoke/pedals thing.

Is that worth trying?

Robo.

24-11-2001, 11:27 AM
Um, thanks Robo, but cost is not the issue. I'm after the best flying experience and a yoke & rudder pedals seems to be the best bet for small aircraft and airliners. I like the idea of the joystick for jet fighters though, and I know that the latst airliners use fly by wire with joystick controls just like a video game!

Michael

24-11-2001, 12:34 PM
Go to www.chproducts.com
I have their Flight Sim Yoke USB And Pro Pedals Usb. The yoke has levers for throttle,prop and mixture plus 20 button functions - you rarely need to touch the keyboard. The pedals have toe brakes. This lot does not come cheap (over $800 by the time you pay GST here) but is well worth it. It just does`nt feel right flying a Lancaster or a Cessna with a joystick. If you are in Auckland you can come and try mine.