PDA

View Full Version : Computer won't work

RyanInHD
28-04-2013, 01:34 AM
I will try to give as much information as possible. Ok so I am running Windows 8, and since December 25 my computer has been working completely fine. Suddenly, just yesterday, it started up, I could do everything normal for just about 5 seconds, after that my computer doesn't allow me to do anything. Skype automatically opens, so I can still call my friends, and all that, but I can't click anything in the taskbar, desktop, or start screen. Nothing fishy comes up when I start up my computer either. and neither does task manager - startup. How am I on the internet now? I can click links in skype and get on to the internet fine, my performance and speed has not changed, it's just that I can't click anything on taskbar, start screen, or desktop. I have googled this tons of times and I can't find anything. I've tried all the safe mode, and restoring thing, and they just don't work. This was a factory built gateway computer and I have not modified it at all. Also, another note, on startup when I can actually use the desktop for those 5 seconds, I open a program, and it says not responding.

My mouse can move on the screen the whole time, I can open the Ctrl+Alt+Delete all the time as well. Sometimes the mouse is always an hourglass on my desktop, but mostly normal. Also when you scroll over icons and the little box comes up around them, that doesn't happen either. Basically, TO SUM IT UP I don't have access to my desktop, start screen thing, or taskbar

Oh, and also one more thing. I have Norton virus scan and I have done a full system scan, and a quick scan and everything, it hasn't picked up anything. And that wasn't enough, I have used one that helped on my old laptop http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx and that didn't pick up anything either

WarNox
28-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Can you somehow download, install and run Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/)?

JoshyEee
28-04-2013, 07:44 AM
As above, Try Malwarebytes.

Will be easier to download to a USB stick and try running in safe mode. another handy little tool is Rkill which kills dodgy processes which are running (and potentially stopping programs like malwarebytes.)

Bryan
28-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Is your copy of Win8 activated by Microsoft?