PDA

View Full Version : Piece of software

Nick G
24-04-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm trying to group my photos by month taken. I was planning on doing it by using the date Windows gives me under the 'properties' section, but Windows says that some photos were taken in July 2010, while I know for a fact they were taken in January 2010. Any good software that can arrange my photos by month?

pcuser42
24-04-2013, 06:36 PM
If Windows says the photos were taken in July 2010, that's probably what the Date taken property is set to, and everything else will say July as well. ;)

Nomad
24-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Download a months trial of Adobe Lightroom and organise your shots. It uses camera exif data if it is still attached. Sort them by date for example highlight them and drag and drop into other folders or color code them / keyword.

PPp
24-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Perhaps this http://www.tested.com/tech/photography/413-the-best-way-to-organize-your-massive-photo-library/ would suit you.

fred_fish
24-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Digikam can organise by date taken.
It also has a very handy batch exif date change function for groups of photo's taken with an incorrect camera date, that preserves the date offsets between individual photo's in the batch.

Nick G
25-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Digikam can organise by date taken.
It also has a very handy batch exif date change function for groups of photo's taken with an incorrect camera date, that preserves the date offsets between individual photo's in the batch.
Sounds promising, will try it and see :) - Good thing is I can generally remember roughly when each one was taken, so should be able to see if it works.