PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express/Hotmail

23-11-2001, 10:13 AM
Sometimes when I go to send off mail I will get a box that comes up and says performing off line tasks in Hotmail from deleted items folder. I have that folder empty & then another box will come up and say Msimn has caused an eror in MSOE.DLL close and restart. I then have a terrrible time trying to do anything in Outlook Express and then the pop up box doesn't come up to connect but the icon at the bottom shows that I am online but I'm not as I still have dialtone on the telephone when this box appears. I hope someone can help. I have Windows ME Outlook Express 5 & the Hotmail accounts are in with the Outlook Express.
Thanks Pauline

23-11-2001, 04:35 PM
I don't know why you're having these problems, but if you want Hotmail to stop interfering when you send ordinary mail, in OE go to Tools, Accounts and click on your Hotmail account and click on Properties. Uncheck the 'Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing'.

To get your Hotmail you will then have to do it manually by clicking on Send/Receive and choosing the Hotmail account from the drop-down list.

27-11-2001, 09:54 AM
Thanks Susan B I think that has solved my problem