PDA

View Full Version : msn upgrade connect

22-11-2001, 04:30 PM
Have been advised to upgrade msn- duly did so now have new icon on w/bench but when asked to dial in 'no dial tone detected' - tried my ISP and then stsrted again- same answer! Can you advise please

03-02-2002, 05:14 PM
Eddie.Can't get thru to you via the email you quoted in the postings on w95plus My email is solfam@xtra.co.nz.Would you please confirm as I would certainly like the cd.Thanks

04-02-2002, 10:22 AM
Geez Wayne- I am both delighted and frightened at the responsibilty you give me- All I can do is repeat that which hit me on the missing file quoted by the computer-(in this case oe32.dll)no matter where I searched in safe mode or other- there was nobody home. On being advised by my nearly pre-teenaged mentors, I went into www.downloads.com and also xtra site- downloads- and downloaded the complete package, which gave a new icon for Outlook Express opening sequence, and varied the workbench list of 'now online' contacts,actually showing (while in O/ E that is)
The workbench Icons were untouched per se. I wonder if your modem plug to the outside world is in contact with the computer- ie loose- I have had 'no dial tone' before-possibly attributed to passing traffic vibrations, loosening the plug.
Sorry I am not more authorative- remember! I am an 'old -nearly 70, retiree' and have learnt thanks to child teachers- embarressing though that be.
Please contact me as you succeed either way- I know what Imag F1 has done for my predicaments- now I return the favour.
Eddie