PDA

View Full Version : Re Share.exe

22-11-2001, 03:45 PM
Hi all...more help needed..my son has just bought Excel v5 on floppys through an auction and when he came to load it in a message appears telling him that set up cannot be completed as share.exe is missing.....can anyone help me to guide him into fixing this problem using easy beginners type lingo....he is much more of a novice than me...lol...I have told him how to 'find' files etc but no luck on this one...Thanks,

22-11-2001, 04:38 PM
It can be a little bit daunting and risky fixing this problem if you don't know what you are doing. But real easy if you are quite familiar with windows so it might be better if you post your email address and I will send you instructions on what to do. If you don't want to post your email, post back and I will send you mine.

If anyone else gives you advice on this subject follow it to the letter as there is a small risk you won't be able to start windows if you get it wrong.

BC

22-11-2001, 04:42 PM
Sorry I should have said I will email you the file you require and give you instructions as to where to put it. It is a zero byte file so it is not a big download.

BC

22-11-2001, 04:42 PM
Thanks a lot BC...I'll post my secondary email if you dont mind... moozelee@hotmail.com .......look forward to hearing from you.....

22-11-2001, 04:43 PM
Pam
You didn't say what version of Windows you are running. I suspect it is 95, as I can't see Share on my 98 machine. If it is 98, you may be out of luck, subject to the other posting which is worth responding to if you are keen to make it work.

Robo

22-11-2001, 04:49 PM
Sorry guys...forgot the cardinal rule.....lol....yes it is windows 95,,, had a look at my 98 and it wasnt there either....I was told that by going to notepad and making a dummy file called share.exe then saving under windows \command\share.exe it would work ok......would this be right....

leonidas
13-07-2002, 03:32 PM
Would you please send me the info to load MicrosoftWorks to computer running 98? I get the share. exe message as per others on this site. You sent it to Pam I think

Pleasesent to
chappie2002@xtra.co.nz

as I am fixing my bros beast and am not at home.

Thanks!!

Leon