PDA

View Full Version : netscape 6

21-11-2001, 11:12 AM
i am still having trouble i have unistalled Netcrp6 and when i want to open a jpeg or something on,like i get a box saying cant fin netscape exe i click cancel and the web site or jpeg opens in a Ie window im still having trouble getting IE as my sole brpwser

21-11-2001, 12:09 PM
Sounds to me like the problem is the file associations. Your jpegs are set to open with netscape so you need to tell windows to open them with internet explorer or whatever you want to open them with. Same goes with IE for your browser.

Go to Explorer (not IE), click on View/Folder Options/File Types and scroll down to HTML document. Click once on that, then Edit then Open then Edit again then under Application used to perform function delete the netscape stuff, click on browse and find the Internet Explorer exe that starts it up. Mine is 'C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe' but your path may differ. Click on all the OKs and do the same for the jpeg image. My path is 'C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe' -nohome
so you could try that if it is the same.

Good luck, I hope it works! Let us know....

21-11-2001, 12:18 PM
Duh, trust me to do things the long way - I just found something way quicker:

Open up Explorer, click on a jpg file name, hold down shift and right click then choose Open With... and click on iexplore.

Do the same for an html file and keep your fingers crossed!