PDA

View Full Version : Cant change colour setup etc

20-11-2001, 06:55 PM
My scanner programme kept asking for the twin .dll file each time I attempted to run the scanner. It was suggested i check the 'Add new hardware. since i clicked on there, My Display properties Settings shows a screen area of 640x480 pixels and only 16 or 2 colours. unable to change the screen area.When i attempt to connect my modem to my IP- I get an error 666 message saying Dialup networking unable to complete the connection- the modem is not plugged in etc. Operating Windows 98. Pse can some one help me? Many thasnks in anticipation

20-11-2001, 11:57 PM
Hi,

If ylour having that many problem I've only once piece of advice: Re-install windows. Windows really needs to be given a clean re-install every few months, depending on how much use it gets, to keep it in good working order. 95 is less problematic than most, but given enough time it gets to a point where clicking on my computer causes every program running to stop responding... Are you able to do a re-install? If your Pc is oldish, you'll need either a windows 98 boot disk (which has cd drivers) or you can put the contents of your win95 cd onto the hard drive and then deltree everything else form dos. Hope that helps :)

22-11-2001, 12:10 AM
Erin- Many thanks for your help- transpires that I must have clicked on the wrong Prompt-but all working fine now- again may thanks. Will leave the changes etc to the experts from ow on I think. Ken

ryanlong
25-08-2005, 09:29 PM
My scanner programme kept asking for the twin .dll file each time I attempted to run the scanner. It was suggested i check the 'Add new hardware. since i clicked on there, My Display properties Settings shows a screen area of 640x480 pixels and only 16 or 2 colours. unable to change the screen area.When i attempt to connect my modem to my IP- I get an error 666 message saying Dialup networking unable to complete the connection- the modem is not plugged in etc. Operating Windows 98. Pse can some one help me? Many thasnks in anticipation
can i give this to a frend

bartsdadhomer
25-08-2005, 10:27 PM
can i give this to a frend
It's yours, take it, give it to anyone you like

Laura
26-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Welcome to PressF1 ryanlong.
Do you mean your friend has a similar problem to what's in this very old thread?
If so, better to start a new one, explaining the problem, together with details of the operating system & machine specs.
(The advice to reinstall Windows is a last resort today)