PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Flash Player and Freegal Music

Neil F
11-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Recently I replaced my "dying" hard disk and took the opportunity (with instructions from Microsoft ) to change from Windows 7 Professional 32 bit to the 64 Bit version via the ISO file technique. I am now using Internet Explorer 10.

I use the Auckland Public Library's Freegal Music downloads to download the permitted 3 tracks per week.
I use the Sample button to listen to part of the desired track prior to selecting Download.
I have previously never had any problems getting the sample to play.

Now nothing happens and I get a warning message to say "you need Adobe Flash Player 9 or a later version."
I have installed Flashplayer 11 (64 bit) but still get the same warning message about needing Flash Player 9 or later to play the sample.

Adobe's FAQ does not seem to have answers.

Does anyone know how to overcome this obstacle?

thanks
Neil

Chilling_Silence
11-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Grab Chrome, test if it works in Chrome, and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, it's IE-specific. If it doesn't, it's something funky on the PC itself or the website being a silly bugger.

Alex B
11-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Unless it's changed since IE9, then IE10 is still both a 32bit and 64bit application, and you will need 32bit flash if you are using 32bit IE10.

Neil F
14-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks for your input. It seems Internet Explorer 10 was rushed out prematurely by Microsoft.
I tried Firefox . In "typical" computing wonder it did not work with Freegal Samples earlier today.
Tonight I tried again and this time it worked fine so I was able to test Sample sounds.

wainuitech
14-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Thanks for your input. It seems Internet Explorer 10 was rushed out prematurely by Microsoft.
. Not really, IE10 has a few changes, and some sites wont work correctly with the features. In other words the sites are not being kept upto date with new browsers. Sometimes you need to run IE10 in compatibility mode so it works with some sites.

Take PF1, look at the pinned threads there's one that explains how to get the Attachment up loader working in IE10 HERE. (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?129727-ADMIN-NOTE-Uploading-attachments-does-not-work-in-IE10.) Its not IE10, its this site not upto date ( yet)