PDA

View Full Version : windows me media player

20-11-2001, 06:54 PM
How can I delete the contents of the media library. I seem to be only able to delets one item at a time. I would like to be able to delete in one go.

20-11-2001, 11:46 PM
Alan, hi.

Yes you can do what you ask. Open the media library where the tracks you wish to remove are.

To select several consecutive tracks in the list click on the top track you wish to remove, and then whilst holding down SHIFT click on the bottom most track you wish to remove. This will select all of the tracks between the two tracks you clicked on including those two tracks.

You can then right-click anywhere on the selection and select delete; click the delete button at the top of the window; or simply press delete on your keyboard.

This will move the selected tracks to the deleted items folder in the library in a similar way as files are moved to the recycled bin.

You can then right-click on the deleted items folder and select the option to empty. A window will open up - make sure the box asking if you want the files permanently removed is unchecked as this will delete the actual files not just remove them from the playlist - and then click OK.

You can remove a batch of non-consecutive tracks in the list by holding down CTRL as you click on each individual track and then proceeding as above.

Hope this helps.

G P

21-11-2001, 12:25 AM
Just a note, this doesn't delete the files off you computer, just out of the media library...

To delete more than one, hold down Ctrl as you click on all the files you want to delete, then hit the Del key to delete them.