PDA

View Full Version : Windows Key + E doesn't open Explorer

20-11-2001, 03:16 PM
I used to be able to Press 'Windows Key + E' to open Explorer. It now doesn't work. Windows Key by itself works, like wise W + R for Run, W + F for Find, W + F1 for Windows Help. I'm suing a Microsoft Natural Pro Keyboard (Intellitype s/w V2.1) and Intellimouse Explorer (Intellimouse S/w version 4). Both are USB. It's important to emphasise that W + E used to work, I have no idea why it's stopped.

20-11-2001, 04:36 PM
Hell, I didn't even know it did that. Thanks.

No idea why it doesn't on yours, works well on mine.

You haven't redefined the key or moved explorer from its' expected location, have you?

Regards, Robo.

20-11-2001, 05:24 PM
Windows+Pause/Break brings up the System Properties & I use it a lot to look at device manager.

20-11-2001, 05:26 PM
I have never used USB keyboards before so I don't know what they are like. Can you press Ctrl-Alt-Del or Ctrl-Esc... if those commands don't work I'll assume it doesn't like more than one key pressed at a time

21-11-2001, 10:43 PM
All key strokes but Windows + E work. Anyone have any other ideas, short of a re-install of Win2k?

haller
28-04-2006, 02:24 AM
It's a pretty old post, but I think it still would be useful the give an answer to this problem (cause I had the same problem a few minutes ago).

In My case the key combi "(left) windows key" + E and "(left) windows key" + R didnt work.

Try the RIGHT "windows key" + E. If this key combi works your keyboard is screwed.

Try this:

1. Jam your keyboard a few times on your desk (I'm not kidding, this solved the problem for me!).
2. If it still doesn't work buy a new keyboard.

cheers

Kame
28-04-2006, 03:15 AM
Really old post indeed, didn't realise how long I had been coming to Press F1.

"Windows+Pause/Break brings up the System Properties & I use it a lot to look at device manager."

I said that and what happened to robo?

Cheers,

KK