PDA

View Full Version : Missing email message body

Robin42
02-04-2013, 08:57 PM
I belong to a Google Group and receive messages from the Group by email through Thunderbird.

One of the members uses Outlook Express V6 to send messages, and although I receive her email, the body of the message is blank, apart from showing that her message was scanned by her Anti-virus program, AVG.

Prior to January, I was able to see the her message normally, but since then it appears that she may have made a change to her settings and the body of the message is not seen. By pressing Ctrl-U, however, you can see the Header and by scrolling down, can see the text of the message.

A number of others in the Group also cannot see the body of the message, although there are some members who can.

From looking at the Header info, it appears that it is to do with the MIME Content-type "boundary".

When I was able to see the body of the message prior to January, it was showing as:
multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0040_01CDEC00.C8ED1C30"

It is now showing as:
multipart/alternative; boundary="=======AVGMAIL-53D53F36======="

with the body of the message showing:

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.455 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/5714 - Release Date: 03/30/13 06:35:00

From my observation, the Boundary is incorrect showing AVGMAIL etc. and this is, in my view, where the problem is.

Has anybody any idea what will have caused this and how it is to be corrected?

wainuitech
02-04-2013, 09:11 PM
A number of others in the Group also cannot see the body of the message, although there are some members who can.
This can also indicate it may not be her mail being sent causing the problem. If no one could see the content then maybe, what email clients and antivirus software are people using that cant see the body of the message ?

What happens if she sends the mail to a gmail, live mail (online ) accounts ?

Also wouldn't rule out AVG causing the problem either.

Robin42
03-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Thank you. Gmail is certainly one that cannot see the body of the message.