PDA

View Full Version : What the Display Driver Crashed?

SanChippy
02-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Randomly on Google+ and searching Google for this - 5 + (sqrt(1-x^2(y-abs(x))^2))cos(30((1-x^2-(y-abs(x))^2))), x is from -1 to 1, y is from -1 to 1.5, z is from 1 to 6 -when Windows decides to tell me that a display driver has crashed, for Nvidia, or Integrated Graphics, can't remember which. It changes which one it uses depending on the application that is running.
It then goes on about how it has successfully restarted, in a Balloon Tip thing, and goes away after a few seconds as they do.
Weirdly enough I experienced no problems while it was happening, no jittering screen, nothing. Nothing. My PC didn't even miss a beat so to speak. (Bad Poetry yes)
What could this mean? What would have caused this to happen? I use Windows 8 Pro, with Media Centre, and have a Nvidia GPU, and Intel Integrated Graphics HD 4000, or something like that...

Just curious you know....

Mike
02-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Did Google display the 3d result of your equation? Maybe your graphics driver couldn't cope with it?

Mike.

Trev
02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
This has been happening to me on a random basis for a year since I got my new computer with a GTX 560 TI. I don't worry about it. If you want further info on this I suggest you visit the Nvidia forums. It is not really a serious issue. It has nothing too do with Google. On the Nvidia forums it was suggested it has something too do with flash player.
:)

SanChippy
08-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Sorry for reply so late, I forgot about this thread >_< anyways..

Did Google display the 3d result of your equation? Maybe your graphics driver couldn't cope with it?

Mike.
Yeah it did. It was fine actually, it loaded on time (so to speak) ;)

This has been happening to me on a random basis for a year since I got my new computer with a GTX 560 TI. I don't worry about it. If you want further info on this I suggest you visit the Nvidia forums. It is not really a serious issue. It has nothing too do with Google. On the Nvidia forums it was suggested it has something too do with flash player.

Probably is something to do with the Flash Player, though it has only happened once since then, and might have been a driver issue, I had just recently updated the Driver for BOTH the Inter HD Graphics and the Nvidia card [1 Day before this happened]

The Error Guy
08-04-2013, 09:45 PM
ATi + HP, you can imagine what an unstable experience that results in!! ATi drivers aren't the most stable but HP's haven't been updated since 2011. Frequent crashes. According to microsoft's action center 50 times in the last month.

I'm running leshcat's custom drivers right now, certainly better but not perfect. Thankfully windows 8 is also much nicer at handling the crash than win7.

Usually a GPU crash isn't that bad, it's only problematic/annoying if a certain thing triggers it often, worst one with mine is it's random so I can't fault a bug with flash, java, Photoshop etc etc :(

Trev
09-04-2013, 05:27 AM
We are talking about Nvidia display drivers here. Mine has never crashed during a game. As I mentioned above on the Nvidia forums they reckon Flash player causes it but I'm sceptical on that because the other day, I can't remember which, I had just booted my computer or had just bought it out of sleep mode, sitting in desktop mode doing nothing I had a display driver crash and it recovered by itself.

SanChippy
12-04-2013, 05:31 PM
We are talking about Nvidia display drivers here. Mine has never crashed during a game. As I mentioned above on the Nvidia forums they reckon Flash player causes it but I'm sceptical on that because the other day, I can't remember which, I had just booted my computer or had just bought it out of sleep mode, sitting in desktop mode doing nothing I had a display driver crash and it recovered by itself.
Love how we go to one place [Nvidia] and they blame it on another place [Adobe Flash], and then they, will probably, blame it on something else.