PDA

View Full Version : CD Writer

19-11-2001, 06:05 PM
I have recently bought a CD writer. This uses the Nero burning program, and like most things these days comes with very little in the way of instruction. But I'm getting there! Also included is a label/cover print program called Feurio Cover Editor. This contains facilities for changing print fonts and colours etc but how do you get the darned thing to print artist names and tracks on the labels? So far I have not succeeded in getting it to print anything. I would be grateful for any suggestions!

19-11-2001, 06:35 PM
I've been using Nero for a few years now and while it is nice to see these new applications added in (to match the rising cost of the product), I agree they are not always friendly.

I found the best way to print summaries of what is going to be burned on the disc is to just use a template - I created one for m$ Publisher 98 and now use it all the time.

Its faster and easier.

19-11-2001, 08:12 PM
Nero comes with a 130 page manual in pdf format on the cd. This is a fairly comprehensive instruction set.
If your cd doesn't have the manual, download it free from the web site.
I agree that Publisher is a lot easier to make inserts with. Once you have the template it is very easy to change.
Labelling software comes with most of the cd label packages as well (stomper and the like).

19-11-2001, 08:36 PM
Hi Richard, I'm currently after a CD writer, can you tell me which one you've got and what you think of it (apart from what you have already stated!). Did you install it yourself, and if so, was it easy?

Thanks!

19-11-2001, 10:59 PM
In the way of printing jewel case inserts of audio cd's. I highly recommend CD Trustee from www.base40.com it will look up the net and get the cd info, will print inserts, and is good as a database of your audio cd's. It's shareware and the limitation is that you can only have a certain number of cd's in the database at one time. So as they build up delete some out, or create a backup of the database file, and then start a fresh one.

Good luck, JM

20-11-2001, 05:34 AM
I also use Nero and even after following the instructions till I was blue in the face it never quite turned out the way I wanted the cover...if it turned out at all. I ended up creating a template in Word and just type in the details and if i want a background just insert that as well and then print. Works for me

20-11-2001, 05:36 PM
Susan
The cd writer I bought is called a LiteOn (weird names they give some of these things). I had it installed by the service people who were adding some RAM for me as well. Probably they are not too difficult to install tho. I believe Sony and HP also sell writers, which may be worth having a look at. Why don't you post a query on F1 and see what users recommend. Good luck anyway.

22-11-2001, 02:56 PM
Well, I definitely think Nero 5.5 is the best CD-writing software I have used. It is really easy to use (perhaps tricky for beginners until they are familiar with it).

But, I definitely don't like the Cover-editing software. It just seems over-complicated. A template is faster and more flexible.

I now have two CD-stompers and they are a waste of my space. Anyone who wants them can have them.