PDA

View Full Version : Win8 Dual Monitor setup

bk T
30-03-2013, 04:17 PM
I've got my second monitor connected to my Windows 8 PC, works fine other than:

When I launch Firefox, it opens on the second monitor, I got to drag it to my main screen. How do I make it to open FF on my main monitor?

gary67
30-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Win7 remembers which screen I had it on last, so should win8

wainuitech
30-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Do you have the latest FF ?

After doing a bit of reading it was a known bug in Firefox ( for quite some time) when using dual monitors, was "meant" to be fixed, BUT this was with W7, so it may still be a bug in FF & W8

Several other forums suggest :

You may need to disable hardware acceleration to make Firefox work properly with a multiple monitor setup.
•Firefox > Tools>Options> Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"

bk T
30-03-2013, 08:57 PM
I know W7 remembers the last screen it opens and apparently, W8 doesn't.

I'm using FF 19.0.2

wainuitech
31-03-2013, 02:09 PM
What happens if you use IE 10 which comes installed as default, not the Start Screen App version, but the Normal desktop version ? does it remember where you put it.

This is to see if Its FF or W8 causing the problem.

bk T
31-03-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't know what have I done, FF just opens on my main screen late last night. :)

I had been fiddling with it the whole day yesterday morning and afternoon couldn't get it to work the way I want it but when I turned ON the machine late last night, it just works! Seriously, I don't know what have I done! LOL