PDA

View Full Version : IE5.5 won't load pages with Zonealarm enabled

19-11-2001, 04:15 PM
Just re-formatted our computer, apart from the audio CD problem its going great except that IE5.5 won't load any pages with Zonealarm on. I've tried everything I know, from security settings to internet options, to tools. I can get my mail with ZA on but the minute I try to load a webpage with it on, it dies until I disable ZA. I've had both these programs installed before and they worked fine. Have tried IE repair, uninstalling and re-installing ZA but no joy. Any knights in shining armour ready to rescue a damsel in distress? I want my favourite firewall back - I feel naked surfing without it!!! thanks heaps, Speedspy

19-11-2001, 05:25 PM
What happens when you use IE with out ZA running, and the open up ZA?

JM

19-11-2001, 05:41 PM
which ver of zonealarm do you have?

try deleteing the .ldb and .rdb files. u can find them in windows/internet logs

19-11-2001, 07:38 PM
I used to use Zone Alarm but by the time it reached version 2.6, I was getting serious errors with the drivers it installed. The same thing happened on several different clean installs of Windows.

It seems there are a few unlucky Windows users for whom the product posed a greater risk than those it was trying to protect.

I switched to Tiny Personal Firewall (also free for personal use) and have never had a problem since.

20-11-2001, 03:58 AM
I use zonealarm pro excellent progrom no problems whatsoever had problems with tinyfirewall
once but now use goback so am safe from bad installations and crashes of most sorts .
contact me if you need any advice, kiwibeat@hotmail.com

20-11-2001, 09:34 AM
What I would do is to uninstall Zonealarm and empty your Temp folder (don't delete the folder!) Make sure that you have removed all references to Zonealarm (use the search function if needed)

The problems you are experiencing may have come about from a corrupt install, which can result from many different factors. Reinstall to the latest Zonealarm version 2.6 357 and that should have fixed it.

As a regular computer user I know that I can sometimes encounter strange problems without explanation and it sounds as if you have met with just such a thing. Do the reinstallation of ZA and hopefully all will be solved.

I have used different Zonealarm versions for over 2 years with multiple operating systems and browsers without a problem. And as you stated, you were not having any problems before.

Good luck.