PDA

View Full Version : Backups

gary67
28-03-2013, 07:52 PM
I have used fro a long time syncback as it could do synchronization and only back up changed data, however it has become corrupted and nothing I do will make it run properly anymore. Not even a complete un install with Revo and re install.

So for now I have changed to FBackup, unfortunately this doesn't check to see what's changed an only back that up so its rather slow to do all my folders individually

Is there anything else that will do this preferably free and Not command line

wainuitech
28-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Gary, have a read of the FAQ http://www.fbackup.com/forum/topic/is-fbackup-incremental Try the suggestions there, may solve the problem with Incremental backups. :)

DeSade
28-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Windows 7 built in backup function works very well for me, I see no reason to go third party.

fred_fish
29-03-2013, 08:37 AM
rsync does exactly what you want.
It is free, tiny, efficient and will never "break down".

But it's cli, so instead of writing a simple one line .cmd to click on or schedule, I guess you will have to keep looking for a bloated installer with all the pointy-clicky code, registry settings, flashing system tray widget, licence activation checker and bundled malware. :)

gary67
29-03-2013, 09:06 AM
rsync does exactly what you want.
It is free, tiny, efficient and will never "break down".

But it's cli, so instead of writing a simple one line .cmd to click on or schedule, I guess you will have to keep looking for a bloated installer with all the pointy-clicky code, registry settings, flashing system tray widget, licence activation checker and bundled malware. :)

That's my decision. I don't wish to learn CLI, I have enough to do without that.

Have started using Second backup as that does what i want and is also very small, DeSade I'm talking folders as they are here not my weekly C drive image which is done with Active@

gary67
29-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Second backup was OK but have gone back to Fbackup since I figured out what I was doing wrong. I chose Mirror thinking it would just synchronise but it didn't it created another backup inside the backup folder. All good now though